Last Updated April 10th, 2019
Information Collected or Received from You
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide and improve our Services, to administer your use of the Services (including your account, if you are an account holder), and to enable you to enjoy and easily navigate our Services. In order to provide you with these Services we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity and Contact Information: If you create an account, we’ll collect certain information that can be used to identify you, such as your name, email address, username and password. You may review the information you provide to us and change your privacy settings by visiting the website or our mobile application and navigating to your settings.
- Account Information: In order to provide the Services, we also collect your email credentials (i.e. email address(es) and associated passwords) for those email inboxes that you want to access through the Services. We encrypt all sensitive credentials such as passwords you provide us to protect your privacy. By inputting your email credentials, you’re permitting us to make a copy of the entire contents of the applicable email inbox, calendar, and contact book in order to provide you with the Services. We will perpetually connect to, and sync any changes to, your applicable email inboxes.
- Usage Information: Our servers automatically record certain information about how a user (a “User”) uses our Services (we refer to this information as “Log Data”). Log Data may include information such as a User’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, the web page that a User was visiting before accessing our Services, the pages or features of our Services to which a User browsed and the time spent on those pages or features, search terms, the links on our Services that a User clicked on and other statistics. We use commercially reasonable efforts to redact any information of a personal nature (such as names, subjects, snippets and message bodies) in the Log Data. We use Log Data to administer the Services and we analyze (and may engage third parties to analyze) Log Data to improve, customize and enhance our Services by expanding their features and functionality and tailoring them to our Users’ needs and preferences.
- Location Information – We may collect geolocation data pertaining to your computer or mobile device. We may collect this information using your device’s GPS data (where available), IP address, Wi-Fi hotspot data, and cell tower locations. This data may consist of precise latitude/longitude coordinates and may be linked to a device.
- Mobile Analytics - We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile application on your phone. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
- Marketing and Communications Information: This information includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
How is Your Personal Data Collected?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct Interactions: You may give us the information described in Section 1 above by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by mail, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- create an account on our website or mobile application;
- use the Services by connecting one or more of your third party email accounts;
- request marketing to be sent to you; or
- give us feedback or contact us.
- Send us feedback through intercom, bugsee, or other third party applications to report bugs or request features
- Automated Technologies or Interactions: As you interact with our website, we will automatically collect certain technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, web beacons, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
- Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources: We will receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as technical data, analytics providers, search information providers, contact, financial and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services, identity and contact data from data brokers or aggregators, and identity and contact data from publicly available sources.
How We Use Your Personal Data
To Operate the Services. We use this data to operate our business and provide services to you:
We use the information Users provide or that it collects to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the Services.
We use your email credentials (i.e. email address(es) and associated passwords) to authenticate your identity and connect your email accounts with the Services.
- use your email addresses to contact you for administrative purposes or for customer service purposes;
- use the information that Users provide or that is collected (other than with respect to Google User Data as defined in Section below) to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of users, to improve the way the Services work and look, and to create new features and functionality;
- use “automatically collected” information and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize the Services, such as remembering user information so that the User will not have to re-enter it during the current or following visits to the Services; (b) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Services; (c) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (d) track user entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities;
- use a User’s email addresses or other personally identifiable information to send messages about the Services. Users have the ability to opt-out of receiving any such communications, through links provided in the messages or by updating account preferences on the Services;
- use the information obtained from you or from your use of the Services to monitor and fix the Service’s performance, for example if the site is slow, not loading properly, or to investigate aberrations in performance of the Services;
- use the information obtained from a User or from a User’s use of the Services to prevent fraud on the Services, to enforce our Terms of Service or other policies or investigate any potential violation of those terms and policies, any potential violation of the law, or to protect ourselves, our customers, or any third party from any potential harm (whether tangible or intangible);
Customize, measure and improve our website and services: To provide customized content and to measure which content is most helpful (or unhelpful) to Users, which helps improve the Services.
- The Service will only use access to read, write, modify or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows you to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets;
- The Service will not use Google User Data for serving advertisements; and
- The Service will not allow humans to read Google User Data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for the Service’s internal operations and, even then, only when the Google User Data has been aggregated and anonymized
Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may disclose a User’s personal data in a variety of circumstances in connection with the operation of the Services as described below:
- With third party service providers, such as payment processors, that help us provide our products and service or provide the Services on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law such as to comply with a subpoena, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or that such sharing is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property and safety of the Services, its Users, it employees, or others;
- Proactively with local, state and federal law enforcement and/or with other web and mobile marketplaces if we believe there is harm to another User or the general public;
- As may be required or permitted pursuant to any applicable law, rule or regulation or court or administrative order;
- In connection with an actual or potential merger, sale, acquisition, assignment, or transfer of all or part of our assets, affiliates, lines of business, or products, including at bankruptcy; and
- We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information to third parties (except for Google User Data which will not be shared with third parties except as specifically set forth herein in order to operate the Services).
Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on the Services will not become publicly available. We are not responsible for third party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Services. You can reduce these risks by using common sense security practices such as choosing a strong password, using different passwords for different services. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes to the functionality of our distributors, such as social networks. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party. Please be aware that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information. We are not responsible for the functionality or security measures of any third party.
Your Rights and Choices
- Managing Your Account and Access to Your Personal Information - Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. You may access, update or correct your profile information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, you may do so by emailing email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
- Opting Out of Email Marketing: You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails at any time by following the instructions included in those emails. Please note that if you choose to opt out of receiving such communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails (such as payment confirmation).
- Location Information - If you do not want to provide your location to us, please use the settings available on your mobile device to limit this sharing. Please note that if you limit sharing of your geolocation data, certain features of the mobile application may not work.
- Push Notifications - We may send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about any announcements, events or promotions that we may be running. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level.
- Children’s Online Privacy: Our Services are not directed to children under 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.